Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Ode

Yesterday I saw you in the store
You were bright red and shiny
I knew I had to buy you
I did and I brought you home

Today I remembered that you were here
You were in my house, in my kitchen
First I put the bread in the toaster
Then I got out the Miracle Whip and a knife

I got out a plate and then I got you
As I sliced you I saw the juice and seeds trickle out
I knew that you were perfect
The toast popped up

First I smeared on the Whip
Then I delicately laid you on the toast
I sprinkled you with salt
the secret ingredient

I put on the second piece of toast
and smashed you just right
I cut the sandwich in half
I then got ready to partake

I knew when I saw you in the store
I had to have you
I was right
You were delicious

4 comments:

  1. a tomato? i hope it's a tomato, and not some person who was wearing red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing a tomato, because I don't think the Kool-Aid man has seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. must be a tomato! cuz salt on strawberry jam just wouldn't taste right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was a tomato. A delicious tomato.

    ReplyDelete